• For two straight year, LAUSD/USC Cinematic Arts & Engineering Magnet has a 100% graduation rate. Our graduates attend universities such as UC Berkeley, UCLA, USC, Syracuse University, and Univ. of Wisconsin.
• Back-to-School Night, Thursday, Sept. 3 from 4 -6 p.m. Meet your child's teacher this night.
• First Early Out Tuesday is September 1. See Bell Schedule link.
• Welcome Message from Mr. Cortines, Superintendent of Schools
• TEACHER ASSISTANTS NEEDED. Apply in the main office.
• Congratulations to Olivia Smith, our 2015 POSSE winner. 4-year scholarship to Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison
• The Cinematic Arts Department has received a grant for $25,000 from the Hollywood Foreign Press for the 2015-2016 school year. This grant will support the "Lights, Camera, Take Action" project to be implemented in the Documentary Filmmaking class and the Advertising Design class.
• Four of our high school students have been accepted to the very competitive and prestigious Ghetto Film School. Congratulations Ramon Gurrola, Jaire Bowen, Layquawn Windley, and Jessica Muñoz.
• Congratulations to Dr. Purcell, 1st grade teacher, for having two articles published in School Arts Magazine "Graffiti Echoes" and "ArtWise, LikeWise"
• Julker Khan, 10th grader, has been awarded the 2015 Christopher Warren scholarship. The $20,000 scholarship is awarded annually to 10 outstanding LAUSD high school sophomores.
• Math, Science, Engineering Achievement (MESA) team headed to regional finals after placing 1st in Bridge Building Contest at the USC competition.
• One of our own Wendy Cruz, 7th grader, won the Beyond The Bell Spelling Bee Regional competition. Congratulations!
• Congratulations to our girl's cross country team and individual runner Fernando Chavez - City Champions!
21st Century Tech Links